If you want to know how to obtain or check your D-U-N-S Number then look no further, here is everything you need to know.
Why do I need one, and what is a D‑U‑N‑S Number?
- You need a D-U-N-S Number to launch your community app in the Apple App Store
- It is a unique nine-digit code used by 330 million global organisations to verify their credibility
- Time: It takes less than 5 minutes to apply. But it can take up to 3 weeks to receive your D-U-N-S Number, so the sooner you apply the better!
- Charge: There is no charge to get a D-U-N-S Number
"So how do I do it" we hear you cry! Here's how ⬇️:
Check if your organisation already has a D-U-N-S Number. Here are the links to check in the USA, the UK and Ireland and Australia:
Check to see if your business already has a D-U-N-S Number (unfortunately, this is different for each website).
If your business already has a D-U-N-S Number, you get to move on to the next part of the journey. Keep it safe and start the process to apply for an Apple Developer account 🔐.
If however, your business does not already have a D-U-N-S Number, your next step is to request one!
Requesting a D-U-N-S Number is a nice and easy process but be mindful, it can take up to 3 weeks to receive.
Start off by providing some basic information about your business, and then follow up with some personal contact information.
If you encounter this question
“Please indicate only one category that describes the relationship you have or plan on seeking for providing goods and services under the legal business name you indicated:”
We recommend that you select this option:
‘Federal Government Contractor or Vendor’
Great! You’ve finished the application! 😃
What’s next? 👀
In order to launch your own community app in the Apple AppStore and the Google PlayStore you just need to do these two simple tasks:
- Set up the Apple Developer Account. Read this 9 step guide: https://resources.disciplemedia.com/apple-developer-account/
- Set up the Google Developer Account. Read this 4 step guide: https://resources.disciplemedia.com/google-developer-account/