You'll need an Apple Developer Account if you're launching a Mobile App community. Follow these steps to set up your Apple Developer Account.
Apple Developer Account FAQs
What is an Apple Developer Account and why do I need one?
So that you can get your Mobile App onto Apple's App Store, you'll need to set up an Apple Developer Account.
Apple's App Store has more than 500million visitors every week. And the average user spends well over two hours a day using apps they've downloaded.
How long does it take to set up my Apple Developer Account?
It takes around 10 minutes to complete the application process and your account should be ready within 1-4 weeks.
How much does an Apple Developer Account cost?
Apple charges $99USD per year for an Apple Developer Account membership.
What do I need before applying for an Apple Developer Account?
- D-U-N-S Number – Apple will use it to verify your organisation’s identity and legal entity status. Don’t have one? Here are 4 simple steps to get your D-U-N-S Number.
- Apple ID – If you have an Apple device, you should have this already. You probably use it to sign into your iCloud account. Don’t have one? Here's how to create your Apple ID.
- Legal Entity Status – Your organisation must be a legal entity.
Here are some examples: Corporation, Trust, Sole proprietorship, Non-profit organisation, and Limited liability company.
- A Website – Your organisation’s website must be publicly available and the domain name must be associated with your organisation. It can be as simple as a one-page website.
- An Apple product – you will need either an iPhone, iPad or Mac to go through this process.
Don’t have all of the above? Please let us know at email@example.com and we’ll advise you on the next steps.
Got everything you need? Let’s get started!
Go to Apple's Developer enrolment page and click Start Your Enrolment at the bottom of the page.
Enter your Apple ID and password.
Don’t have an Apple ID? Head to Apple's site to create your Apple ID.
Accept Apple’s Developer Agreement to proceed.
Confirm your personal information.
You’ll have to re-enter your information again in the Romanized Contact Information section. What's Romanized Contact Information, you ask? Don't worry, it's just an old-fashioned way some systems recognise writing. All you need to do is enter your details again.
Let’s pause and take a deep breath – we’re nearly there...
Next you need to select your entity type.
Make sure that you select:
Company / Organisation
You are nearly there! Enter your Legal Entity Name and your D-U-N-S Number.
Pay for your Apple Developer Account. This is an annual payment. Don't forget to check the Automatic Renewal box if you want your membership to be automatically renewed.
When Apple approves your account (this can take between 1-4 weeks), you'll receive a confirmation email. Follow the steps in the email to finish your application.
In order to launch your own community app in the Google PlayStore you need to do the following:
- Set up the Google Developer Account. Read this 4 step guide
Having trouble setting up your Apple or Google account?
Have your Apple and Google accounts already?
You'll need to link Disciple to these accounts. so that we can start building your Mobile App. Then link these accounts to Disciple, so you can get access to the Disciple platform. Follow these simple steps to link them
Check out our guide on how to link your Developer accounts to Disciple.
Looking to create your own community app? Contact our Community Experts - firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help with your existing Disciple powered community? Contact our Customer Support team - email@example.com