Learn how to create action buttons prompting your members to access other parts of the app or external web links.
Deep linking is the perfect way to help your users navigate towards parts of the app they may not have looked at in a while, such as events and folders.
You can also direct members out to an external web page.
How to add a deep link as a Call To Action in a post:
- Go into your CMS and create a new post
- Click on the three dots and select 'Add link button'
- Add some short text for people to click on, such as 'Click here' or 'View.'
- Paste the deep link code
- Submit post
How to add a deep link as a Call To Action in an event:
- Go to the events section of the CMS and create a new event
- Fill in all the relevant fields, including time and date
- Scroll down to buttons, and click Add Button
- Add some short text for people to click on, such as 'Buy tickets' or 'RSVP'
- Paste the URL to a ticket site or your website
- You can have up to three buttons here to accommodate different ticket types
You can also add deep links from folders, so by clicking on a folder's cover image you'll be taken to an external website or another area of the app.
How to add a deep link to another area of the app from a folder:
- Go into your CMS and create a new folder.
- Choose the link button
- Search for what area of the app you want to link to
- Create folder
If you found this article useful, don't forget to give us a smiley face!
Looking to create your own community app? Contact our Community Experts - firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help with your existing Disciple powered community? Contact our Customer Support team - email@example.com