Running a community is a full-time job and you might want to give extra permissions to certain members so that they can help you out.
First you need to find the member(s) you're going to give extra permissions to. Select Members from the left-hand menu. From there you can either search using the search bar or scroll through your member list until you find who you're looking for.
Once you've found them, click to view their account page. Then select Edit. On that page you can then use the toggles to switch permissions 'On' or 'Off', and finally click Save in the top-right of the screen to save your changes.
Here's a breakdown of each permission type:
- Can livestream – This will allow this member to host livestreams. It's best to limit the number of people you give this permission to, as you don't want several people trying to livestream at the same time.
- Can send push notifications to all members – This allows the user to send push notifications to other members. Again, you don't want too many members to be able to do this, as multiple notifications a day may be considered spam by some of your community.
- Accepts friend requests – This just means the member is searchable and open to building new friendships with other community members.
- Trusted reporter – A trusted reporter can unpublish any post or comment simply by clicking Report. This one is very handy, especially for moderating on the go. It almost goes without saying, but make sure that anyone you give this permission to is someone you really trust to moderate your community.
- Verified account – This gives the member a lovely green tick so your community knows the content coming from the account is trustworthy.
How do I make my member a group admin?
To make a member the admin of a group, go to their account page and scroll down to the Groups section. There you can see all of the groups that member is in.
You then click the three dots to the right of the Groups and select Make group admin.
Looking to create your own community app? Contact our Community Experts - firstname.lastname@example.org
Need help with your existing Disciple powered community? Contact our Customer Support team - email@example.com