You might want to select specific thumbnail images for your community’s videos to create branding consistency. Or perhaps you just aren’t keen on a video’s default thumbnail.
Here’s how you can change your videos' thumbnails.
- In your Console select ‘Advanced’ from the left-hand menu.
- That’ll take you to a backend page that looks slightly different from your regular console but don’t be alarmed – this is just your community’s advanced settings console.
Hover over the ‘Assets’ tab in the menu at the top of the screen, and click ‘Videos’.
- There you’ll see a list of all of your videos. Find the video you want to update and click ‘Edit’.
- In the ‘Thumbnail file’ section click ‘Choose file’ – this will open a window from which you can select an image from your device.
- Click ‘Update video’. Your video will now appear with a square thumbnail version of the image you selected.