This simple checklist of 9 tasks will ensure that you have minimum marketing in place before and after your launch.
We’ve also put together more detailed Marketing Guidance , with recommended articles and ideas, which you should look at if you have time.
1. Announce your upcoming app your social media channels and blog
2. Email or message friends and clients letting them know that you will soon have an app
3. Arrange an app launch party (even if it’s small) - invite family, co-workers, and friends
Tip: Make sure to include a little wiggle room between the launch date and your app being approved, to factor in any delays with the App Store.
4. Invite at least 100 people into the app by email, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, etc.
5. Add links to your app on your website and social media descriptions
6. Email news of your app release to everyone on your mailing lists
7. Migrate social media followers to the app using posts
8. Introduce your app in 5 or more, relevant events, classes or online groups and forums
9. After one month ask community members to invite their friends to the app
These 9 tasks are our recommended minimum marketing actions to make your app launch a success. Read our more detailed Marketing Guidance for many more ideas, tips, and useful links.
Looking to create your own community app? Contact our Community Experts - email@example.com
Need help with your existing Disciple powered community? Contact our Customer Support team - firstname.lastname@example.org